Table of Contents
- 1. Dr. Tung’s Tongue Cleaner – Stainless Steel
- 2. HealthAndYoga(TM) Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner Scraper
- 3. Tongue Sweeper Model P Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner
- 4. Orabrush Tongue Cleaner
- 5. Tongue Scraper Ayurvedic Pure Copper Antimicrobial Tongue Cleaner
- Related Products
Why would anyone need a tongue scraper, you may ask? Well, there are a few good reasons why you should consider using these strange devices.
Flossing and brushing do help, but the only real and effective way to remove all that gunk is by using a tongue scraper. These simple devices remove food debris, bacteria and dead cells very effectively.
There is more -if you never scraped your tongue before, you probably have a lot covering it. In fact, it’s maybe preventing you to feel the real taste or the food you’re eating, because it covers your taste buds. If you are a real food lover, scrape your tongue!
1. Dr. Tung’s Tongue Cleaner – Stainless Steel
Dr. Tung’s Tongue Cleaner is made of stainless steel. They prefer this material over plastic because it’s more effective and much more comfortable to the user. It’s also more hygienic as it’s impervious to bacteria and easier to clean afterward. This is the same reason why people prefer eating with silverware over plastic. This tongue scraper is precurved and has rubber handles to give you total control and precision.
This is probably not important, but this tongue scraper comes in many different colors, and kinda looks good! All in all, Dr. Tung’s tongue scraper is for a reason one of the best selling tongue scrapers in the market today.
- Stainless steel made
- Hygienic and easy to clean
- Scrapes tongue effectively
- You also get a free modern Travel Pouch
- Can be too harsh on sensitive tongues
- Can’t choose the color of the handle
- Rubber handles tend to get moldy over time if not cleaned properly
2. HealthAndYoga(TM) Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner Scraper
- Made of Surgical grade stainless-steel
- No rubber handles
- Safe – no cuts or nicks
- Extremely flexible
- Wide cleaning span
- No real flaws!
3. Tongue Sweeper Model P Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner
Tongue Sweeper Model P is a unique product. It was the first tongue scraper to be made out of surgical grade stainless steel, rather than cheap plastic. This made it both more effective and more hygienic and safer to use. Trust us, when you try the metal ones, you will never get back to cheap plastic tongue cleaners again.
This cleaner has excellent smooth and perfectly rounded cleaning edges that will give you gentle, but effective tongue cleaning. It has a sleek profile for easier use, especially when cleaning the back of your tongue.
It is clinically proven and recommended by leading Dental Schools for preventing halitosis, otherwise known as bad breath. Using it daily, along with your toothbrush and floss, will guarantee perfect oral hygiene and fresh breath.
- Surgical grade stainless steel
- Great for deep cleaning
- Recommended and used by top Dental Schools
- It is smaller than most other scrapers
4. Orabrush Tongue Cleaner
With this in mind, Orabrush created their tongue cleaner. This is a Hybrid – a brush specially made for cleaning your tongue combined with a tongue scraper.
- Hybrid product – Tongue Brush + Scraper
- Effective cleaning
- Very affordable pack of 4
- Made of plastic
5. Tongue Scraper Ayurvedic Pure Copper Antimicrobial Tongue Cleaner
Copper is used in both the ancient and modern medicine for its healing and antimicrobial purposes. Diamond Dental System believes the combination of the modern and ancient medicine is the one true
This scraper is really easy to use, as it has very long handles. You will be able to reach deeply, way to the back of your tongue. It doesn’t contain any plastic or rubber which means it will never mold. It cleans very well, you will be able to completely clean your tongue in fewer moves.
But, the biggest strengths of these tongue scraper is also its biggest flaw – copper – it oxidizes over time.
- Copper made
- Long handles
- No molding
- Cooper is prone to oxidation over time
To enhance the effect of using tongue scrapers consider adding mouthwash for bad breath to your arsenal. Using one of the top water flossers on the market can also help to keep the mouth clean of bacteria.
You should definitely consider adding tongue scraping into your daily oral hygiene routine if you haven’t already done so. It has many benefits – fresher breath, less plaque and bacteria in your mouth, sharper taste.
All 5 tongue scrapers that we presented in this article are a great choice. But if we have to pick the best one we will go with the HealthAndYoga(TM) Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner Scraper. This product is not real flaws. It is so well designed, made out of stainless steel and with precision thus any preventing cuts and tears. It is very wide and you will be able to cover more with each stroke and clean faster.
Second best would be Orabrush Tongue Cleaner. Yes, it is made out of plastic, but that is the only flaw of this very effective product. It is a perfect combination of a brush and a tongue scraper, as it will leave your tongue clean and your breath refreshed like no other product.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Electric Toothbrush Vs Manual Toothbrush – What Is A Better Choice? - January 18, 2018
- Is Teeth Whitening Effective? - January 18, 2018
- Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser WP-660 Review - January 15, 2018