Table of Contents
- #1. Classic Jet Replacement Tip (JT-100E)
- #2. Orthodontic Replacement Tip (OD-100E)
- #3. Plaque Seeker Replacement Tip (PS-100E)
- #4. Pik Pocket Replacement Tip (PP-100E)
- #5. Tongue Cleaner (TC-100E)
- #6. Toothbrush Tip (TB-100E)
- How To Clean Waterpik replacement Tips
- How To Change Waterpik Replacement Tip
- Related Products
- Conclusion About Waterpik Replacement Tips
Waterpik replacement tips are something that can make a water flosser much better. Here we have specialized tips, capable of performing just one operation, or those which can perform multiple ones.
#1. Classic Jet Replacement Tip (JT-100E)
In a package, you will get 2 tips. Don’t forget that they must be replaced within 6 months, due to the pressure wear inside a tip. They come in different colors, usually gray and blue. At the end, we must point out that this is a great value for money. It is useful for most individuals and this tip is perfect for beginners, due to easy-to-use design.
- Two units are included in the package
- Perfect for overall oral hygiene
- Two times more effective than conventional flossing methods
- Cleans below the gumline
- Complicated instructions
- Loud while using
#2. Orthodontic Replacement Tip (OD-100E)
Another important feature is the fact there is a brush implemented into the tip itself. It is obviously located at the top and it is used to remove the areas within the brace which are impossible to reach using conventional methods. Don’t worry about the brush durability, it is one of the strongest even implemented in products of this type. Keep in mind that this tip should be replaced after 3 months.
- Superb for teeth hygiene among people with dental appliances
- Three times better plaque removal
- Brush which is implemented in the tip itself
- Easy to use
- Feels durable and high-quality
- Should be replaced after 3 months
- More complicated to use than other tips
#3. Plaque Seeker Replacement Tip (PS-100E)
As the name suggests, the main purpose of this tip is to remove plaque from the teeth, gums and anywhere it may be located. For this purpose only, the tip is highly desirable. In addition, it would be a wise decision to use this tip alongside others from the list.
- Perfect for plaque removal
- Bristles at the top of the tip
- Highly desirable for individuals who had restoration procedure
- Bristles are not as durable as you would expect
#4. Pik Pocket Replacement Tip (PP-100E)
Other facts you should know is low pressure, which is mandatory for an application of this type and the ability to clean below gumline. Overall, the entire tip is highly beneficial and useful for individuals with aforementioned teeth issues. You will be able to experience relief and to improve oral hygiene.
- The best tip for furcations and periodontal pockets
- Rubber tip
- Value for money
- Reaches 90% of 6mm pockets
- Low pressure
- More complicated to use than other tips
- Inability to choose the color of the tips
#5. Tongue Cleaner (TC-100E)
How it actually works? Well, the tip will remove the bacteria and sulfur compounds. At the end, a bad breath will be completely eliminated and your tongue will be in a much better condition. There is some evidence that the tongue cleaner also makes tongue immune for further bacterial accumulations.
- Gentle tongue cleaner
- Prevents halitosis
- Perfect for maintaining clean tongue
- Eliminates bad odor
- Lasts 6 months
- Requires plenty of time to get used to it
#6. Toothbrush Tip (TB-100E)
The method how it works is simple, yet advanced. The tip will use a water pressure to assist you while you brush your teeth. Paired with bristles, you will be brushing your teeth far more successfully than ever before. Actually, this method is 30-40% more efficient than teeth brushing solely.
- Easy to use
- High quality
- Improves teeth brushing
- Isn’t suitable for sensitive teeth
How To Clean Waterpik replacement Tips
- Remove the Waterpik tip from the device by pressing suitable button
- Wash it with warm water for a few seconds
- Place it in the container with hydrogen peroxide (white vinegar can be used as well)
- Leave it in the container for 7 minutes or less (never under 5 minutes)
- Wash it off with warm water
- Let it dry
- All done
The entire process is developed to be as simple as possible. There are no special instructions and all of the tips can be cleaned in the same way. Make sure not to use hot water with tips which implement rubber tips of bristles!
White vinegar is a powerful ingredient for cleaning the Waterpik tips, but we still recommend hydrogen peroxide. It is much stronger and it is used by dentists as well. For the best performances and even better safety, make sure you replace each tip between 3 and 6 months.
How To Change Waterpik Replacement Tip
Switching to a different tip, something we advised you a couple of times here is highly desirable. To replace it, all you have to do is to:
- Press eject button (all models come with it)
- Remove the current tip
- Insert a new one
- You are done
As we have mentioned, each model comes with the eject button. Usually, it is located on the top side of a water flosser, but just in case, make sure to check out the user manual to get the precise location. In addition, all the tips we mentioned here use the same method for removing and inserting them into a device.
Conclusion About Waterpik Replacement Tips
Water flossers are a huge hit nowadays and they are highly beneficial when it comes to your oral health. But, something that can make a difference is the tips. Basically, they are accessories which can make a water flosser capable of new things and new teeth cleaning methods. Each tip, except the Classic Jet Tip, is developed for a specific purpose. As such, we cannot recommend the best model here. The best one is the tip which suits you the most, according to your oral condition. Still, for the best results, using several tips from the list is the best thing to do.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Electric Toothbrush Vs Manual Toothbrush – What Is A Better Choice? - January 18, 2018
- Is Teeth Whitening Effective? - January 18, 2018
- Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser WP-660 Review - January 15, 2018