Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Review
Table of Contents
Philips has truly made one smart and interesting toothbrush with many options available to its users. There are nine options in total, so one can choose according to the personal preferences and needs. The first three modes refer to the type of cleaning the user can choose. If you wish to have a usual brushing, you can use the option clean.
For those days when you simply want to relax and enjoy your coffee and red wine without worrying if they are going to leave stains, there is an option white. It will make coffee and wine stains a thing of the past. If you haven’t used electric toothbrush before, you may want to try the deep clean option in order to remove all the plaque from your teeth. No matter which one you choose, you will be satisfied with the results.
The mouth really feel clean and fresh after the use, just like at the dentist office only this way you do it whenever is convenient for you.
Not only this toothbrush will give you the deep cleaning experience you expect from a toothbrush, but it will also look beautiful in your bathroom. If you are anything like me, you will appreciate a beautiful design.
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum is sleek and simply very appealing. It comes in white and grey color. You can choose the one that you love more. The buttons are discrete and little bit darker color than the rest of the toothbrush. It looks very luxurious.
Once you purchase Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum, you will see that it comes with:
- A toothbrush handle
- Brush head
- Travel charger
- Travel cap
- Deluxe travel case.
Philips included some advanced options when making this toothbrush and also made a great effort to please the user. Everything included in the box truly comes handy at any moment, particularly during travels. Travel cap is hygienic and it will protect your toothbrush from getting dirty.
This way, you will always be able to maintain hygiene to the highest possible standards. The deluxe travel case takes little space in a bag and also looks very nice. There is enough room in it for two brush heads and a handle. There is no room for the charger, but the case is very useful since it protects the heads from possible damages which is really very important.
Travel charger is smaller than the regular one, so it is very easy to place it among other things in your travel bag. That being said, I simply like the way it looks.
- Provides expert-level clean by removing up to 10 times more plaque vs a manual toothbrush
- Protect your teeth with a pressure sensor that alerts you when you're brushing too hard.
- Improve and maintain healthy brushing habits seamlessly with the automated Sonicare app progress report
- Personalize your brushing with 3 intensities and 4 modes: Clean, White+, Gum Health and DeepClean+
- With Amazon Dash Replenishment, you can set up automatic deliveries so you never run out of brush heads again
- Includes: 1 Philips Sonicare handle, 1 charging travel case, 1 charger, 1 Premium Plaque Control brush head, 1 Premium Gum Health brush head
- Innovative Sonicare technology gently pulses fluid between the teeth and along the gum line for a gentle and effective clean every time
- Sonic technology helps prevent cavities
- EasyStart program helps you gradually get used to the sonic brushing power
- 2 minute timer with QuadPacer helps ensure Dental Professional recommended brushing time and a consistent clean throughout your mouth
- Long lasting 14 day battery life. Includes: 1 DailyClean 1100 handle, 1 SimplyClean brush head, 1 charger
- Specially engineered Philips UV Sanitizing technology helps kill germs on brush heads and fits all snap-on Philips Sonicare brush heads Excluding Sonicare for kids brush heads
- Removes up to 10X more plaque vs. A manual toothbrush
- Personalized settings -- 4 modes: clean, white+, gum health and deep-cleanse+ and 3 intensities
- Progress report gives you the guidance you need to improve and maintain healthy brushing habits
- Package includes: 1 Handle, 2 Brush Heads, 1 UV Sanitizer, and 1 Travel Case
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum has three intensity modes to choose from: low, medium and high. It is very useful to have all three since the user can simply choose the mode according to the needs at the moment.
Some days my gums feel more sensitive and I would not be able to handle high intensity, so I’m grateful for the low-intensity mode. Medium mode is perfect for usual brushing on the days when you don’t have problems with gums.
LogoInterCare brush head does a better job at whitening teeth than any other brush head. Phillips has thought about everything – the looks, functionality and the effectiveness. Each component is more than satisfactory in my opinion.
Advice for future users of Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum
The toothbrush must be charged for at least 24 hours before the first use, so have a little patience on your side. If you are worried about the pressure you need to apply to feel the advantage of having cleaner teeth than you would normally experience with a manual toothbrush, there is a pressure sensor that will warn you if you are pressing too hard.
This truly means a lot, since the possibility of damaging the enamel is completely eliminated. People with sensitive gums will be happy to hear that there is a gum care mode. It improves the health of the gums in about two weeks of use. Bristles remove all the bacteria that may cause the gum inflammation and gingivitis and consequently reduce the bleeding of the gums.
Users that are used to having a timer will be happy to hear that this model has it. Not only it has this option included, but it has two timers! There are Quadpacer and a Smartimer.
Quadpacer interval timer will warn you when you should move the toothbrush to the next quadrant and this makes washing teeth really easy and very convenient. The other one, Smartimer, will let you know when you reach two minutes of brushing.
Once the two minutes are up, the toothbrush will shut down, but if you want, you can easily turn it back on and continue brushing.
With all the options included and the battery that lasts up to three weeks, this toothbrush is a perfect companion, particularly during travels. However, if you wash your teeth more than two times a day, you may need to recharge it sooner, but there is no need to worry that this will happen out of the blue.
There is a blinking light that indicates when it is time to recharge your toothbrush, so there is no room for surprises. You will have plenty of time to recharge it before the battery becomes completely empty. You can be completely carefree concerning this matter.
Simply recharge it, continue using it and enjoy a great and thorough cleaning. Furthermore, Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum has a lithium battery that is more durable than the nickel ones. It can handle frequent charging and it won’t let you down. Besides, Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum comes with a regular charger, as well as the one for travels.
AdaptiveClean toothbrush head
An AdaptiveClean head can follow the shape of gums and teeth in order to provide superior cleaning, even in the dirt pockets that form between teeth and gums. It is like getting two in one – flossing and washing teeth. Besides, the bristles change the color from blue to white when it’s time to change the brush head.
It is a very useful characteristic. This way the user doesn’t have to think about the day he bought it. Simply watch for the sign of color change. All in all – it is a unique toothbrush with all the options directed to make the use the easiest as possible.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- InterCare brush head removes the plaque up to ten times better than a manual toothbrush.
- The mode for gums protection is very useful and directed towards the user’s health and enjoyment.
- Nine options are more than enough, so every user can find the perfect mode according to the needs at the moment.
- The battery lasts up to three weeks after one day charge.
- The brush head can flex a little bit in order to clean the teeth effectively.
- The toothbrush is in the medium price range, so it may be a little bit over the budget intended.
- There is no replacement head included, only one.
- The recharge time may be too slow for some people since it takes 24 hours.
- The toothpaste may sprinkle around, so you may want to close your mouth as much as possible.
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum is a superior electric toothbrush, made according to the very high standards and recommendations from dentists in the U.S. It is completely safe for use when used in compliance to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
It operates from 100 to 240-volt range. Sonic technology makes this toothbrush different from others and it is the reason why it enables the user to enjoy thorough cleaning in the comfort of one’s home. With 31,000 strokes per minute, you can be sure that you will get a quality brushing, clean teeth, and fresh breath. It can help significantly with teeth discoloration.
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum has definitely become a part of my everyday routine. I take it with me whenever I go since it can be easily placed in any bag.
Besides, it helped significantly with my sensitive gums and my teeth are white. I am very thankful that I discovered this model because I truly appreciate all the modes available. It is great to have a choice and adjust the use to the personal preferences. Not all days are the same, why would the intensity of washing repeat day after day?
The settings are really simple and easy, so there is no need to worry if you have never used an electric toothbrush before.
In addition, the toothbrush was delivered in a timely manner, just as promised. The package was neat with all the components that come with Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum model. It is very easy to unpack it, there are no unnecessary things. I am very satisfied and I would recommend it to my family and friends. Some of them already made the order. There is also a two-year guarantee and it is an international warranty, which is really great for people who don’t live in the U.S. As far as I’m concerned, I won’t have to worry if some malfunction occurs.